Saturday 6 October 2012

Knowledge is Universal :)

I was having English lesson today and it was drizzling outside. I was practically shivering even though i had my jacket on. It was 8 a.m. in the morning, dozing off in class for that really dry class ..

Then Ms Chung shared this really inspiring thing about Education and i thought it would be really nice to share with you dear readers.

 IF YOU WANNA COMPETE YOU AREN'T THE PEOPLE WHO'S SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. University is a shared leaning not competition. 
That there is something really wrong with the practices here, where parents instil that mentality in children since young that if you fail you are useless.
 Shame is always attached with failure. That if you were to retain you are just a failure.
Ms Chung then shared with us that she felt really okay if her children cannot promote.
Staying back doesn't mean it's shameful it just means you are not ready. 
So true!
Being open and appreciative of the wisdom of other human beings is one of the best ways to gain understanding of the world. Not only that but being open minded is one of the best things you can do as a person, as it will help you learn more and progress faster in all areas of life.  
Maybe it is really time for us to adopt a new mentality. I'll start with myself. I'll try my best! I'll share my notes and feel comfortable with it instead of being paranoid that I will lose out - that's really a loser mentality. Maybe the other party might spot my mistakes and correct me. In a way "我赚到哦!"

Remember, Knowledge is Universal! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment