Thursday 1 November 2012

Happy Halloween 2012

Happy Halloween People.!

I have never actually celebrated this event before for the past 18 years of my life. NEVER.
& this year, with the head start of USS Halloween 2012, I start to wonder why people celebrate this special event.
As usual, google - our best friend.
Here is what I have found out:
Halloween is celebrated on the evening of October 31st, which is the evening before the Christian feast of All Saint's Day.
Villagers would try to appease goblins and demons with offerings of food and nuts. They would leave little treats that the household had to offer, to satisfy the hunger of these demons. If the demon was satisfied with the treat, it was believed it would not trick the person or cast an evil spell. Therein lies the origin of the present day trick or treat.
Legend has it that people would also wear masks or other disguises and blacken their faces to try and pass unnoticed by the spirits. This stemmed from the belief that ghosts or spirits cannot see their own reflection. Hence, if a goblin or demon saw another creature looking suitably horrible, they would run away in terror. 
Credits: Pitara Kids Network






In school, after Social Work lecture, there's this girl who dressed up as a demon and stood by the door. So went our class ended, and people start walking out of the hall, we heard screammmms! So adorable!
Went forward to take pictures before her other demon and bloody friends came to join in!

Daddy woke me up and told me people are celebrating Halloween next to the Woodgrove.
The stretch of Terrace House: Woodlands St 31

Basically, most of them would open their houses. One just has to bring a bag along and walk in to collect candies!
It's pretty cool, all their houses were nicely decorated, put on their make up and welcomed us!
Enjoyed myself, below are some pictures I've taken.







Did not manage to take a picture with her kid. They were dressed as clowns, and when he gave me his biggest smile he could, I almost melted. ~



Can you spot a kid here? He's so naughty! He scare me and I went like "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" & he wanted to shoot me. Cuteness to the max.




Saw a family who dressed up with the "walking dead" theme. *salute to their dad who walked bare footed, dragged his foot, and didn't stop growling!

Looking forward to the next Halloween! Putting aside how much I detest haunted houses and bloody scenes, I enjoyed myself alot this year :D



Introducing my Daddy! :D Super Duper Cute! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment