Monday 19 August 2013

Transforming Lives; Empowering Communities; Changing Societies

"To enhance human well-being and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty."

To be equipped with these essential professional skills to achieve what I desire, I stepped on this amazing social work journey one year ago. Contemplating between Social Work and Psychology as a major was a difficult one. Then again, I'm glad what I decided later on.

This Summer Break, as social workers to be, we were to do our placement. I chose Care Corner (WL), and obviously the reason is apparent - nearest to my house.


Sitting in solitude, reminiscing the bittersweet moments that characterized those awesome 10 weeks. I cant help but to be extremely happy for this opportunity.

I really thank God, for making this journey such a pleasant one. While I’m typing this, I’m missing all the people. They are my happy pills, especially my fellow interns.

To be honest, at times I was overwhelmed (or almost there). Then again, they were always there, doing crazy things, laughing at the silliest jokes, or even doing nothing. I have never felt so comfortable in a working place, where you know the people are genuine nice to you, and want the best for you.

I’m really grateful for the opportunity given for me to learn, to experience things from a different perspectives and the guidance received.

Thank you to the people who guided me, especially my boss Anne, for giving valuable feedbacks and words of wisdom. Thank you to all, who has crossed paths with my education experience, brightening my days in Care Corner, making me feel so so loved! Thank you for all the happy memories :’)

These moments, that seem so recent, are now part of my memory.





Below are some (or maybe quite a bit) of the photos that we took!















































































No comments:

Post a Comment