Friday 18 October 2013

Switch by Timbre

Switch by Timbre
73 Bras Basah Road #01-01/02 Singapore 189556.
Conveniently located beside the Singapore Arts Museum and Bras Basah MRT Station (Exit A)
Tel: +65 6336 7739

Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday: 6.00pm - 1.00am Friday & Saturday: 6.00pm - 2.00am Sunday: Closed




Yes, I was there some time back before ah xun flew for his exchange.
We had the urge to go karaoke back then!

Aww, I'm missing this group of lovelies already.

I personally prefer Switch to Timbre. Probably because I listen to more Chinese songs than English ones, I find myself more comfortable at Switch! Or maybe it was just the company for that matter :)

I heard that reservations are possible but it has to be made way in advance to avoid disappointment (Only 50% of their seatings are available for reservations!).

Anyhow, that lady above sang pretty well.
Yes, I love ladies with thick, husky type of voice. That type of voice inflict some sort of pain naturally, at least for me. And I will never be able to sing that way (Probably why I look up to people who have that type of voice naturally).


I remember chatting with a friend on the topic of local bands. 
There are a lot of talented musicians here in Singapore, and so I rally hate it when people say there's no talent here. Talents don't necessary mean that they make it big somehow out there, that they are popular and well-received. 

When you attend festivals like Baybeats and Mosaic you get to hear awesome bands! The freshman is one of my favourite! Atlas is another. 
Local bands are good. They just lack that exposure and support. Or probably because we only have such a small market here. One has to risk to another more established music circle overseas in order to be more successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment